Since I will be traveling tomorrow and spending thanksgiving with a friend, I wanted to share some of the things I am thankful for... In the spirit of the holiday...
1. Three weeks from today I will finish my first semester of graduate. I am not sure what I was thinking in taking five classes, working part time and volunteering, but I am grateful that I am almost done with what I think will be my hardest semester.
2. In three weeks from today I will meet my new nephew. The little guy lives across the country and is almost a month old, so I am glad I get to see him.
3. I received an email today about my latest volunteer placement which will hopefully positively contribute to my experience as I move forward in my graduate program toward my career.
4. Coffee. Always. Plus, I have a free drink on my Starbucks card which will be awesome when I travel tomorrow.
5. Friends who check in even though I know they are busy.
6. My rabbi who has supported me for almost four years and continues to encourage me and listen to me when I rant, kvetch and yell.
7. Thinkthin bars. My latest obsession. And today I found cookies and cream and espresso flavors!
8. A job that is flexible with my work schedule. A co worker who supplements my paycheck with chocolate. Kids who are utterly hysterical, spotty and adorable all at the same time.
9. Israel. Even though I am 6000 miles away, I am grateful I can always call it home.
10. Even though I don't tell them enough, my parents. Without them, I would not be the person I am today or the person I can become.
What are you thankful for?